Water-Sewer Policies PDF
- Leak Adjustment Policy
- A customer protesting an unusually high water and sewer bill due to a leak may claim a hardship
- if the charges are significantly higher than their normal average bill,
providing evidence that repairs have been made,
- and the system is up to standard.
- Once approved,
- ithe sewer bill may be reduced by 1/3 of the current billed usage.
- The customer must pay for all water used.
- Customers are limited to one leak adjustment in a 12 month period.
- Pool Adjustment Policy
- Pool adjustments are limited to one per customer per 12 month period. Customers who have a swimming pool and do not wish to pay sewer charges when filling the pool have two options:
- At the customer's expense, install a dedicated water line connected to a
separate water meter. The line and meter must be pre-approved by Town Public Works staff and pass nspection prior to being used.
- Contact Public Works to schedule a pre and post water meter reading. The customer meter must be read by Public Works staff prior to filling the pool and after filling is complete. This service is only available when Town Hall is open
during normal operating hours Monday - Friday (8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.).
- Application of Late Fee Policy
- A late fee in an amount determined by the Council and published in the Stoneville Schedule of fees will be assessed on all account balances that have not been paid by
5:00 p.m. on the 20th day of the month. However, when the 20th day of the month falls on a day that Town Hall is closed (Holiday, Inclement Weather, Saturday or Sunday) all payments received by 5:00 p.m. on the next business day will be processed with no late fee applied. A customer may request a waiver of a late fee if the customer has not had a late fee assessed in the previous 12 months.
- Application of Delinquency Fee Policy
- A delinquency fee in an amount determined by the Council and published in the
Stoneville Stoneville Schedule of fees will be assessed on all account balances that have not been paid by 8:30 a.m. on the cutoff date.
- Restoration of Service Policy
- When water-sewer service has been terminated due to non-payment the customer must pay the entire past due amount to include all fees (late, delinquency, tampering, etc.) accessed on the account. Any balance on the account that is not yet due will not be included in the amount to be paid to restore service.
- Extension of Due Date Policy
- The Town Manager may grant up to a 14 day extension on a cutoff date for a customer who has not had an extension in the previous 12 month period and where the customer has experienced a loss of employment or other similar, unexpected financial hardship.